We work with the best, whoever they may be. We nurture and we challenge. That’s why we’re a Broadcast Best Places to Work 2017, 2018 and 2019.
SPORT GAMES PRODUCER – EAST MEDIA
East Media is part of the Whisper Group, which has been named as a Best Broadcast Places to Work 2017, 2018 and 2019
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and communities.
- Creating and developing sport themed challenges / games to be completed by high-profile athletes
- Setting up and running testing sessions
- To work effectively with other departments, suppliers & partners
- Preparing detailed documents which explain how challenges / games work
- Working closely with talent / athletes during research and filming.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good knowledge of creating games for television with a minimum of 2 credits as a games Producer
- Demonstrable experience of working in a broadcast or branded content production environment
- Good knowledge of sport and experience of creating sport themed games
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Experience of dealing with a changing environment and knowledge of how to react when ideas change
- Strong team ethic and the ability to priorities workloads with ease
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as work effectively with others and manage relationships in a diverse team
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads and new systems and technologies
- East Media is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and communities
- Days are Monday- Friday. East Media operate on a Flexitime working hours policy. Some weekend work may be required but days will be given in lieu.
- You will be expected to come in early and work late during busy periods.
- Weekend work could be required subject to operational requirements.
- Base will be East Media, South Avenue Studios, 7 South Avenue, Kew, TW9 3EL with location
recces & filming
Application deadline: Monday, 21 October 2019
Contract length: Three weeks, during November
Please email your cover letter & CV to email@example.com
Production Manager (Sports)
Whisper is a leading TV production company specialising in high end sports production, branded entertainment and factual television. The company has been selected as one of the Best Places to Work in TV by Broadcast Magazine in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and this is an exciting opportunity to join the team. Whisper are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and communities.
The Production Manager should be confident working to tight deadlines in an ever-changing environment. This is mainly an office-based role with some on-location work, working with the Production Executive, Producers, Commercial Director and Creative team.
· Providing direct support to the Production Executives, assisting with the communication of key production information to Producers and the editorial team
· Planning shoots, OB’s, booking crews and travel arrangements
· Overseeing the delivery of complex call sheets with accurate and detailed movement orders
· Scheduling edits; often juggling key personnel time with diverse requirements and limited availability
· Maintaining accurate financial records; reporting any budgetary issues via cost managers
· Understanding and distributing accurate client requirements to ensure that all deliverables are completed in a timely manner, in order to fulfil the brief
· Co-ordinating post production requirements (including edit schedules and client approvals process) and delivery specifications for multiple projects
· Implementing and promoting equality and diversity in the team and adhering to Health and Safety and GDPR policies
· At least two Production Manager credits in sports plus at least 2 years’ experience as Co-ordinator
· Experience of managing multiple projects for different clients / broadcasters
· You must have a strong background in live sports broadcasting and budgeting
· Comfortable working in a pressurised environment within production team including live output
· Proven leadership skills (including line managing team members) as well as a strong team ethic
· Excellent organisational and time management skills
· You will have good prior knowledge of rights & music clearance; post production paperwork & archive clearance.
· The ability to plan and budget complex OB’s and experience of preparing budgets for tenders/new business
· A basic understanding of remote production solutions
· Technical knowledge; camera kit / editing systems / delivery specifications
· A proactive attitude to work and promoting a positive work ethic in the team
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work on your own initiative
Monday – Friday. Whisper offer the option of flexitime or part time. Occasional long prep or filming days may be required. Weekend work may sometimes be required but DOIL’s will be scheduled.
The position will be predominantly based in Kew, SW London – although there are two other locations (Maidenhead & Cardiff) where the PM may occasionally be required.
Closing date: 25th October 2019
Contract to start in January 2020
Salary: dependant on experience
Please send a CV and covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org